The Climate Emergency Response Group (CERG) is a collection of like-minded leaders spanning Scotland’s private, public and third sectors, delivery organisations and membership bodies.
The group aims to inform and influence the Scottish Government's response to the climate emergency by providing practical, workable solutions that can be implemented – not in the future, but now.
Using its diverse experience, the group drafted proposals for climate action. After launching in August 2019, the group’s 12-point plan for action was adopted by the Scottish Government as part of its 2019 Programme for Government to support its target of achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2045.
- 12 immediate actions for Scotland’s response to the Climate Emergency
- CERG publishes 12-point plan to tackle Scotland's climate emergency
- CERG’s response to the Scottish Government’s Programme for Government
- Opinion piece for the Herald newspaper on the 12-point plan for climate action
- CERG calls for Scottish budget to fund Scotland’s response to the climate emergency
- Changeworks welcomes Scottish Government commitment to climate emergency action
- 2,000 days to avert disaster – Climate Emergency Response Group launches 12-point plan for action
- Andrew Bissell, Chief Executive, Sunamp
- Teresa Bray, Chief Executive, Changeworks
- Kathryn Dapré, Head of Energy and Sustainability, NHS National Services Scotland
- Lucy Frankel, Communications Director, Vegware
- Sam Gardner, Head of Climate Change and Sustainability, ScottishPower
- Iain Gulland, Director, Zero Waste Scotland
- Gina Hanrahan, Head of Policy, WWF Scotland
- Andy Kerr, Director, UK and Ireland Climate KIC
- Sarah-Jane Laing, Executive Director, Scottish Land and Estates
- Claire Mack, Chief Executive Scottish Renewables
- Daisy Narayanan, Project Director, Edinburgh City Centre Transformation and Director of Urbanism, Sustrans
- Claire Rampen, Board Trustee, 2050 Climate Group
- David Reay, Professor of Carbon Management and Education, University of Edinburgh
- Valerie Robertson, Principal Economist, Jacobs
- Hannah Smith, Director, Institution of Civil Engineers
- Gavin Templeton, Head of Sustainable Finance, Green Investment Group
- Sara Thiam, Chief Executive, Scottish Council for Development and Industry
- Mike Thornton, Group Director of Operations, Energy Saving Trust
- Paul White, Director, CPT UK – Scotland
Contact the group
If you’d like more information, please email Elizabeth Leighton, the group’s secretariat.