From providing energy advice, supporting communities to act, through to delivering in-depth support for people in need, our dedicated, expert teams are there every step of the way.
This includes ensuring homes are affordably warm by providing project management services, working with social landlords and councils to make housing more energy efficient.
- Supported over 67,000 householders to take decarbonisation actions, a 22% increase from 2021-22
- Installed over 4,400 insulation measures, a 22% increase from 2021-22
- Installed over 3,300 low carbon technology measures, double compared to 2021-22
- Supported householders to save £4.06 million on energy bills or through income maximisation, a 116% increase compared to 2021-22
- 370,000 tonnes of carbon savings will be made over the lifetime of the measures installed, the equivalent of nearly 30,000 Routemaster buses
- Lifetime carbon savings, resulting from the measures installed, increased by 45% compared to 2021-22
*These figures include 2022-23 data from Changeworks’ services, Changeworks’ share of Warmworks activity and Home Energy Scotland Highlands & Islands and Southeast.
Impact Report 2022-23
The impact of our work in 2022-23 is evident. As we move into the next year of our strategy, we will continue to innovate and grow to accelerate the decarbonisation of Scotland’s homes. Here’s what’s coming up at Changeworks:
- We will build a trusted network of contractors and suppliers to help homeowners and registered social landlords to retrofit through a quality assured service.
- We will continue to build relationships with housing associations and local authorities across Scotland and increase the scale of our delivery programmes to ensure more householders are supported and reach more of those in fuel poverty
- We will engage homeowners and support them to decarbonise their homes through our new domestic retrofitting service EcoCosi, providing tailored advice and quality service for a more energy efficient home.
- We will increase installation support, ensuring householders know how to get the most out of renewable technologies and other measures to improve their home’s energy efficiency.
- We will research and develop more new services to support households to decarbonise and invest in enhancing our digital offer to reach more people.