Child Winter Heating Assistance

Child Winter Heating Assistance - Energy Advice

Help is available for disabled children and young people under the age of 19.

Those with certain benefits can receive £235.70 towards household bills this winter.

Who can get Child Winter Heating Assistance?

The child or young person needs to receive one or more of:

  • The highest rate of the care component of Child Disability Payment
  • The highest rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance for children
  • The enhanced daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
  • The enhanced rate of the daily living component of Adult Disability Payment.

How do I get the Child Winter Heating Assistance?

Child Winter Heating Assistance should be paid automatically. It usually goes into your bank account at the same time as any benefits.

If you have questions about the scheme, Social Security Scotland can help.

You can call Social Security Scotland on 0800 182 2222. 

Sign up to hear more from Changeworks

Receive monthly tips and tricks straight to your inbox on how to save energy in the home and reduce your bills. Whether it’s draught proofing, how to manage your heating system or finding out more about what financial assistance is available, we’ve got it covered.