This event has unfortunately passed. Check our upcoming events - we would love to see you.
Back by popular demand, this event will benefit private landlords and anyone working on their behalf to prepare for the upcoming changes in legislation.
Are you working on behalf of a private landlord, real estate or Housing Association in Edinburgh Old Town? The Scottish Government has announced that privately rented homes must meet new minimum energy efficiency standards by April 2020, which will impact landlords and how they manage their properties. Book a ticket to our free event, hosted by the Edinburgh Old Town Energy Project, to ensure you are prepared for the changes.
Making rental properties more efficient could:
- Add value to the property
- Lead to lower turnover of tenancies
- Reduce the risk of future complication with the building fabric
- Improve a property’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating
All of which could help meet the minimum energy efficiency standards ahead of the April 2020 deadline.
Rory Hill, Technical Team Specialist and private sector landlord expert at Home Energy Scotland, will speak in detail about the changes in legislation.
You’ll hear about:
- How to understand an EPC and what energy efficiency changes could be made to meet the minimum standards
- What funding is available to help implement these changes
- How we can support when filling out funding applications
- How we can arrange a follow up report including relevant recommendations
- Our free in-home visit service to individually assess the property/ies
- What are the proposed exemptions to the legislation
Rory Hill, Technical Team Specialist, Home Energy Scotland
Ruth Stone, Project Officer of the Edinburgh Old Town Energy Project, Changeworks
Places are limited.