This event has unfortunately passed. Check our upcoming events - we would love to see you.
Changeworks’ Fuel Poverty Conference will bring together people who are at the forefront of tackling fuel poverty in Scotland. Policy makers, service managers and frontline staff attending the conference will promote and celebrate the work already underway in Scotland to reduce fuel poverty, identify potential opportunities to improve on where we are now, and look to the future at what we can do collectively to continue to help those most in need.
To book your place visit our eventbrite page.
Through a combination of keynote speakers – including Margaret Burgess MSP, Minister for Housing and Welfare – presentations and workshops, conference delegates will explore key subjects related to fuel poverty including:
- Clients’ personal stories and experiences of fuel poverty
- Policy and strategic based approaches to tackling fuel poverty – the thinking behind the decision making
- Working with hard to reach households and minority groups
- Identifying the links between fuel poverty and health
- Projects which demonstrate best practice tackling fuel poverty
- Approaches to tackling fuel poverty in rural areas
- Grants and schemes currently available to tackle fuel poverty
- Behaviour change and its potential impact
- Where the gaps are in fuel poverty work and what opportunities they present.
The conference agenda outlining speakers, topics, workshops and information sessions is available.
Workshops and Information Sessions
There will be two opportunities to attend a workshop or information session during the conference. The sessions, to be selected on booking, are as follows:
- Exploring alternative strategies for tackling fuel poverty
- A person centred approach to project delivery
- Effective partnership working
- Engaging with hard to reach groups
- Grants and advice available
- What is project delivery good practice?
For full details and to book your ticket visit our eventbrite page.