Changeworks is Scotland’s leading environmental charity that is dedicated to delivering solutions for low carbon living. As a trusted expert with over 30 years’ experience in the field, our vision is for a world where everyone can live, work and enjoy life with a low carbon impact.
We recognise climate change is the most significant threat to the environment and our way of life, and that is why it is our mission to make low carbon living a reality for householders and businesses across Scotland.
We work with Scottish Government agencies, local authorities, housing associations, businesses, schools, community groups and individuals to:
• Improve energy efficiency
• Reduce fuel poverty
• Inspire low carbon behaviours
All Changeworks employees enjoy a range of benefits to enhance their working lives. As well 26 days annual leave entitlement, plus nine-day public holidays, staff can take advantage of the following perks:
• 8% employer pension contribution
• Bike to Work scheme
• Annual corporate flu vaccinations
• Eye care vouchers
• Travel pass loans
• Employee counselling
• Driving licence assistance programme for staff who require this skill for their post
Changeworks is one of just 51 organisations across Scotland to hold Investors in People Platinum status, and one of just two percent of participants from around the world. Investors in People (IiP) is the global benchmark when it comes to people management.
Awarded in April 2021, IiP acknowledged Changeworks as creating “a supportive empowered operating environment” and “a high performing organisation”.
Changeworks has five values that drive everything that we do.
• Collaboration – we work closely with a number of partners and associations across Scotland to find solutions to make low carbon living a reality. By working together we can help reach net zero emissions by 2045.
• Innovation – our team of committed experts are constantly working to find ways to help tackle the climate emergency.
• Integrity – everything we do at Changeworks is done with honesty and always with our customers’ (better phrase??) best interests at heart.
• Passion – the climate emergency is real and is now, so it requires people with passion to highlight the role we must all play to avert it.
• Empowerment – our staff are given the tools, training and platform to go out and perform to the best of their ability.
If these values align with yours we want to hear from you. Email your CV to ??? or check out our current vacancies on the jobs page.
Every year Changeworks staff are asked to fill out a satisfaction survey to highlight the areas of their job and the wider business they enjoy, as well as what they would like to see improve. This survey allows us as a company to not only share each other’s successes, but also to continually work on making Changeworks the best place it possibly can be for staff to enable them to feel entrusted and happy in their roles.
The latest survey found that nearly 86% of staff felt supported by the organisation, 89% agreed that they approve of the company culture, and 88% are proud to work for Changeworks.