SUPPORT AFFORDING YOUR ENERGY BILLS AND HEATING YOUR HOME
If you struggle with the cost of keeping your home warm, dry and comfortable, or are worried about your gas and energy bills, we can help.
Our Affordable Warmth Advisors provide free, in depth, confidential and impartial energy and fuel billing advice to households living in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian.
The advice and support we offer includes advice on:
- Energy saving tips for the home, including getting the most out of your heating and hot water system
- How to reduce condensation or dampness
- Understanding your electricity and gas bills, and reading your meters
- Resolving energy billing problems including incorrect bills
- Repayment options if you owe money to your energy supplier
- Choosing a gas/electricity supplier, tariff and payment option that suits you and may be cheaper
- Accessing energy efficient grants for your home.
Our services include FREE:
- Advice in the home, over the telephone, mail and email
- Advice sheets on saving energy at home, dealing with energy suppliers and paying for your energy
- Advice sessions at local advice surgeries
- Talks to local groups and organisations
- Energy supplier negotiation to ensure you get the best deal e.g. fairer debt repayment terms.
Get in touch
If you would like an Affordable Warmth Advisor to contact you:
- fill in our on-line contact form
- phone us on freephone 0808 808 2282
- email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have over 25 years experience of giving affordable warmth advice. Our award winning Affordable Warmth Team is accredited by the Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers and is featured on the Scottish Government’s best practice fuel poverty advice provider’s webpage.
Last year over 90% of people we helped said they felt happy things were explained simply, that the Advisor took their concerns seriously and that they received help with things they wanted help with.
“I feel very confident now after speaking to the advisor about my energy and how I could save money.”
For more information on how we have helped people click here.